Weight tracker

Monday, October 26, 2009

Random thoughts

I was going to catch up on my updates, but I've totally forgotten what I've eaten...been too busy at work for a change. I don't expect any loss tomorrow morning. I know I haven't been nailing the diet, and my exercise is nil. At this point in the game, I have to add back exercise - I've lost enough that I don't think I can do it by diet alone.

These eggs are making my mouth water. Maybe I need an SLS...

http://onehungrychef.blogspot.com/2009/10/real-eggs.html

Sunday night dinner with friends was a bit frustrating. The food was a bit pretentious and wasn't all that good. Salad, and coq au vin and egg noodles, with some flavorless baby carrots on the side. Doesn't good hosting protocol imply that maybe some rolls and butter should be served as an accompaniment? Does nobody believe in serving a simple lasagna and garlic bread anymore?

Plus, the conversation was not great. It is actually a very interesting group of people, including the son of an oscar-winning actress from the 1940s (Teresa Wright)! I think it was the dynamic of five couples. I guess I really prefer meals with just one couple since the conversation is easier. They were also very kind to extend the invitation to the girls, but I suppose that made it less conducive to good conversation as well.

Hazel summed it up well when Pat asked her if she wanted to go outside (the hosts have a gorgeous wooded lot): "Go outside and not people-talking side."

In the meantime, pictures of the girls...




(That's our house in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment