lunch: JC beef chow mein, lg. spinach salad w/red peppers, broccoli, pea pods, 2T Parmesan, Asian sesame dressing, JC veggie bruschetta chips
Snack: feeling very vulnerably hungry; mind was wandering to rice krispie treats or a granola bar type thing. Made a good choice: traditional full-fat fruit on the bottom Dannon peach yogurt (150 cal) and coffee w/cream.
Snack #2: Oh well. Quaker Oats Oatmeal Raisin Chewy Granola Bar. 90 calories but sickeningly sweet!
Dinner: 1 cup TJ's miso soup, 2 c. roasted onions and cauliflower, JC lasagna.
Tonight Hazel brushed my hair, which was painful but cute. She also played in her living room tent and with her dollhouse. She's getting so good at independent play...which I have to admit I find quite enjoyable, although she does harass me if I'm reading to try and get me to play with her.Today at a book fair at work I got the grocery store shopping addition of "Eat This, Not That!" Pat got me the dining out guide earlier in the year. They're both quite good and user friendly. Even though I know much of the content, they still give good tricks, like picking breads with higher fiber count than sugar count per slice, or looking for "whole wheat" labels and not being tricked by "multigrain". This was the book I was looking at that Hazel was trying to seperate me from. Unfortunately, I was also highlighting bits of the book, so now she thinks coloring in books is okay.
Now the girls are in bed, and Pat and the dog are backpacking, so its me time! I think I'll do laundry and watch the boob tube. Also, I still have about 300 more calories, which is good since I'm hungry!
Update: Totally fell down on the job. Ate TWO carrot cake cupcakes and a piece of corn bread with butter! Totally stupid. I don't think I would have done that if Pat had been home.

No comments:
Post a Comment