Weight tracker

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So embarrassed, so mad at myself

I am so embarrassed and so mad at myself. I am a doofus with a sprained ankle.
 
I wish I could even say I sprained it playing soccer, or something, but I can't.  I was standing up from lunch, my ankle rolled under me, and I collapsed to the ground.  I was with a co-worker and of course he was worried and I tried to jump up as quickly as possible. So embarrassed. So mad at myself. 
 
I then tried to walk it off. By the time I made it back to my desk, it was much worse.  I had someone walk with me to our Employee Health Services, and by the time I got there it was much much worse.  I saw the nurse, then the doctor, who confirmed it was an acute sprain of some mumbo-jumbo ligament (left ankle, outside, really painful on the ankle bone area).  They gave me an air cast...and a cane!  They didn't have any crutches for my height.  So embarrassed, so mad at myself.
 
I can't even walk to the pump room because it is way to far it would take me more than 1/2 hr to go what normally takes 5-6 minutes!  Not supposed to lift anything heavy, suppsoed to elevate my foot.  No exercise for me for a while. ARRGGGHHH!!!
 
This should be fun, trying to hold/nurse/lift a baby and keep an eye on a 2-yr-old.  Pat will help, obviously, but it is really a pain in the butt. I know, it could've been worse, or I could be dealing with something really bad, and really long-term, like cancer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment