So I am really not as emotionally volatile as this blog suggests - being bummed about the amount of weight I've lost to then thrilled in a matter of hours. I am simply a confused soul because I have been tracking in so many ways! Pre-JC; post-JC; a.m. at home naked; p.m. at JC clothed, etc.
For the record, this a.m. I weighed 165.2, and that is down from last week, which was unchanged from the week before. So I lost 1.2 lbs. this week.
But more importantly, when I was on the computer earlier, looking for my nanny pay records, I opened up my "Baby #2 weight plan and first goal" excel file, and realized that I had now, in fact, hit my first goal of 165!!! (Or that's how I'm counting it!).
Vivian was born March 25th, March 29th I started and weighed 200 even. So now at 165.2 I have lost 21.1% of my body weight! I am 79% the woman I was! I remember when I set that goal, I thought wow, I'll never get there, and I'll still be really fat when I do get there! So I was sort of disheartened about the feasibility and also wondering what the point was, since I'd still be unhappy with the result, with much more to do. Of course now I am thrilled, I can definitely tell I'm thinner, Pat is very proud of me, and I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in ages. I'm excited to see my parents next weekend - they'll be impressed!
So now my second goal is the next 10% of my body weight, or 148.6. That would put me at where I was in Feb. 2005 when I was in 6s and 8s and could zip shut knee-high boots (always had big calves!). So that is 16.5 pounds. So what is reasonable? Three months (13 weeks) from today (November 5th)?
As you can see, I've re-jiggered my weight tracker. Of course the first 20 pounds poured off in about a month, but I still like to take credit for them.

No comments:
Post a Comment