Weight tracker

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The storm has cleared...

So it turns out that my milk production was fine. I woke up at 6 a.m. in a soaked bra and t-shirt because I forgot to put in nursing pads. Also, V ate well and went back to bed. It either resolved because I drank a bunch yesterday or I was simply imagining things.

Also, for the record, I wasn't trying to cut back the cals crazylike. It only happened yesterday and the day before, which coincided with more exercise.

Anyway, woke up in a better mood, and am now voracious but it's hunger for real not crazy cravings.

**********

(I've decided to start posting my consumption here as well as at livestrong - easier for me to look back on here)

breakfast: JC fruit and granola mixed with yoplait light thich & creamy, coffee & 1T h&h
morning snack: sm. Gala apple, coffee & 1T h&h
exercise: 1/2 hr. very brisk walking

So I learned this morning that the regular tablespoon comes in your silverware set in fact measures the same as a "measuring" tablespoon. The regular tablespoon always looked much bigger to me, but I guess that's why it is called a "tablespoon." This came about because I am measuring everything and growing tired of using a measuring spoon with my coffee each a.m., just to put it in the sink and have no more clean measuring spoon. Incidentally, I also confirmed that I prefer more than a tablespoon of half-and half in my morning joe.

Also, first pumpi session at work was much more productive today - 4+ oz. vs. just under 2 oz. yesterday! So I must have been down on the fluid intake or maybe even the calories yesterday.

**********

Since my measuring experiment this morning, I have started doing this at the cafeteria at work. For example, I took a teaspoon and pumped 3 spoons of h&h into my coffee. Voila - 1T, and bonus: the people around me getting coffee think I'm a nut! I similarly measured my 1T of salad dressing at lunch.

lunch: JC turkey burger, 25 cooked baby carrots (from dining center; yes I counted them before I ate them; I think the may have had a bit of oil, so to be safe I'm saying 1 tsp.), small salad w/free veggies as well as 1T. crumbled bacon and 6 little green salad olives and 1T. Asian sesame dressing.

**********

Afternoon pump was good as well. Then another 30 min. v brisk walk.

I rounded out the walk with a stop at our in-house convenience store to find a snack and settled on a PowerBar Double Chocolate Crisp. I ate that for "dessert" after my tomato, black bean and corn (mostly tomato) salad snack at 3 pm. I think the PowerBar was 250 calories, but that part of the nutritional label got ripped so I'm not sure. At first I didn't think it was worth the calories, but I wasn't hungry for the rest of the afternoon, and was not hungry (and in fact felt satisfied) when I got home at 5 pm. However, they cost $2!!! That's crazy!

So, then I nurse V, and take V and H to grocery store while Pat mows and then goes to a weekly planning meeting for the St. Joan of Arc French Market festival. Come home, feed me and H.

Dinner: JC cashew chicken and 11 asparagus stalks w/1 tsp. olive oil, nectarine.

Then I nursed V, and while H watched Elmo Potty I created my own homemade derivation of tsatsiki in honor of my new Grecian-American blog pal Jennifer:

2 containers Fage 0% greek yogurt
1T. olive oil (who knows why; it seemed like the thing to do)
2 garlic cloves
sea salt
lemon juice
a bunch of cilantro leaves.

I blended it up, and it tastes great! It is pretty liquidy, so I put it in the fridge to see if it sets back up, in which case I'll use it as a veggie dip; otherwise it will be salad dressing...or, let's be honest, I'll drink it!

I have more food allocated to me, so I'll close out the evening with at leas a cup of coffee and 1T. h&h, and a Jenny lemon cake (Maybe more if I can!).

So now I'm typing up my day, and of course our internet connection has gone wobbly, so who knows when I'll be able to upload this. Meanwhile, V is screaming up a storm. She's lucky I don't keep any Benadryl in the house...

2 comments:

Jenna Nober said...

The Greek yogurt thing needs cucumbers! I have to make that I love it. I am curious, so with all that measuring i'm assuming you're using livestrong for the calorie count? I was like that at first - I even had the same issue with dirtying the tablespoons...I bought an extra set and then just stopped measuring and tried eyeballing, sometimes literally looking at the peanut butter on the knife in one hand and imagining it shoved into the tablespoon in my other hand - with the following inner dialogue....would it fit? yes, I think so...I hate washing peanut butter out of things...good enough!

Jennifer L. said...

I'm referenced on your blog!! :)

I never make tzadziki. In Greece it's the kind of thing you only eat at restaurants. I'll check my recipes to see if I have any other tips. But yes, Svelte Mommy is right--must have cukes.

Post a Comment