My parents were in town Fri-Sun., so we ate out a couple meals. I made ok choices from a portion perspective given the places we went. All-in-all was fine...weighed in this morning at 167.8 lbs.
Friday...
Jenny Craig Complete Start Cereal & yogurt
banana
coffee w/1T h&h
tossed salad w/veggies and:
2T Asian dressing
1T feta
1T kidney beans
1/2 c. chicken breast
Jenny Craig chicken noodle soup (pretty lousy)
5 lg grilled scallops
1 c. mixed rice (white mixed w/black grain)
2 lg. stalks brocolli
1 glass white wine
Dinner was at a seafood restaurant out, I was pretty pleased with my choice. Luckily, we had a bad waiter who never bothered to bring the bread and rolls, because I would have had one just because, and I really was fine without it.
Saturday...
Zombie extra day!
2 slices bacon (put back a third one)
1 small portion homemade blueberry/raspberry buckle
1/2 c. cantaloupe cubes
2/3 c. pineapple chunks
20 bing cherries
banana
Jenny Craig fajita chicken salad kit (gross but portable for a day on the set!)
Had the chicken salad at noon and did not eat again until about 9:30 p.m.
2 medium squares of sausage pizza leftover from parents babysitting the girls (I went for a third piece of pizza out of gluttony, but luckily, Pat had finished it off)
1/2 turkey and swiss sand.
(still ended up low on calories for day, even though pretty high on the wrong kinds, but managed self ok and didnt eat any of Pat's Dairy Queen lunch of chicken tenders and fries!)
Sunday:
Went to Mug 'n Bun for lunch - an Indianapolis fixture with unhealthy food. I knew I wouldn't get a salad here, but think I managed it pretty well, focusing on small portions. In the end, didn't even taste that good to me.
breakfast:
Jenny Craig Breakfast Scramble
Banana
lunch:
cheeseburger (No mayo! woohoo!)
most of small portion of sweet potato fries
dinner #1:
8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms and 3/4 c. green beans roasted in 1 tsp. Olive Oil
glass white wine
1 c. black bean/corn/tomatoes/leftover homemade tsatsiki salad
I feel a bit embarrased to say I roasted a WHOLE 8 oz. package of mushrooms as just one dinner component, but eating huge portions of these veggies does seem to be working for me. I was so full I had to wait to eat my JC dinner a couple hrs later.
dinner #2:
Jenny Craig Beef Chili with beans
6 olive oil & roasted tomato triscuits
Jenny Craig triple chocolate cheesecake
coffee w/1T h&h

2 comments:
you are making great choices in challenging situations. Loving that the fast food is losing it's appeal. Loving that you are able to handle restaurants and not feel too denied/overwhelmed with temptation. Loving that your hard work is paying off and you're consistently down now....I see no problem with eating huge portions of veggies...ok, kids crying must go.
one more thing...about the wine..you get so many calories now that it doesn't matter, but eventually, those calories will be a direct choice - wine or rice with dinner? Wine is 24 cal/oz, so 2 glasses is almost 250 calories. Something to plan for..only one glass, one small glass, 2 glasses every other night.....but for now you can enjoy it!
Post a Comment