Here is a picture and bio of my Boot Camp Instructor, Donovan Buttz:
The picture doesn't quite do his buffness justice. But you can tell from his bio he's a serious bodybuilder. He's also a really nice guy and a very motivating trainer. I can now do a full plank for an entire minute. Now I know that I'm the one doing it, etc., etc., but I seriously don't think I'd be anywhere near close to doing it without him as a trainer. If I revisit JW, I know I'll be better and more focused on it because Donovan pushed me through in areas where I would let it go on my own. Through him I've realized I'm much more capable of the tough stuff than I gave myself credit for when I'd collapse after 10 seconds during the planks during JW. JW is also a great trainer, but she's not really in the room, holding me accountable.
The interesting thing is, I've missed probably four of 12 sessions - sick kids, calendar conflicts, and even a class cancellation. That said, I can still already see a difference in my body - particularly my legs. I can feel how strong they are all the way up the thigh, and because that is not where I carry extra fat, I can see the sculpting and tone - in particular in the thighs.
The first week of class, I asked Donovan where we'd be likely to see results first, because my main problem is my torso/gut. He used the analogy of a puddle evaporating in the sun - it will start around the edges, and then eventually reach the center. This has clearly been true.
My stomach is no where near cut, but I can definitely feel the muscle development under the flab. So I know this will be the last part of my puddle, getting that fat to evaporate. Sounds like everyone's "puddle" is different. I guess it's like the old "center of gravity!
Part of this for me is staying realistic that this will be a long haul, and that I can't/won't commit to the level of exercise and diet purity that Jenna and Indya have achieved. I'm going to be OK with a couple pounds lost a month, or just staying in my size 8/10s for now, or whittling an inch or two off of my waist.

No comments:
Post a Comment