Weight tracker

Monday, September 14, 2009

Time for a Reset

Well, this weekend I was pretty bad. In fact, I haven't been very good for about 3 weeks, but it is just now catching up with me. I really have to get my mind around this again.



The quick success has made me a bit complacent. Today is a fresh day, and my plan is to undo the damage of the last couple weeks, and hopefully have a flat weigh-in on Thursday.



In part, things have gotten SO busy at work that I haven't had the time to play with Livestrong and find obscure food items and then figure out their calories or my portions. I definitely have to get back to tracking since it really helps me keep myself honest.



I can see that I have been shifting away from high fiber, low calorie produce options to more starchy (still high-fiber), more calorie-dense options like kashi bars or even wheatberry-bean-corn salad. Good for you, but easy to overdo and still feel virtuous.



Also, I need to find a way to at least get some walking in, if not something more robust like some JW.



Pat and Hazel are going camping tonight (tomorrow is Pat's first day of severance), so I'll take V for a walk or do some JW tonight.



I also decided to break out some of my new clothes today because I thought that if the "10s" started feeling snug it might give me some religion. Well I pulled out my new Classiques Entier brown tweed pencil skirt with a flouncy ruffle around the knee, and it was an "8" not a "10", and it fit fine, even with a button-down shirt tucked in. So now I'm wavering even more because the clothes aren't punishing me yet. (I seriously thought I got these skirts in "10s".)



While I am happy about this, it weirdly has the potential to make me blow it even more, because I am that undisciplined of an individual. I am the quintessential grasshopper, and I'm clearly not yet in the mindset that this is a lifestyle change, as in permanent.



Uggh. So anyway, back to reviewing my rules, since they're all slipping!

1. Track what I eat.

Already discussed the need to buckle down here.

2. No alcohol.

Definitely been slipping here ... a bit in Montana, an bit in Chicago, a bit at the French Market festival this weekend...

3. Don't snack out of a bag or box or jar, put a serving in a bowl or dish. Do not estimate measurements, except fruit and veggie portions.

Uggh. I have totally been dropping the ball on this one, and it may be the most important one for me. I was particularly vulnerable this weekend as we had ice cream and chocolate chips in the house.

4. Make sure I'm not just thirsty.

Been so-so on this one. But am thirsty now and drinking coffee instead of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment